1 Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
2 Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100 NIV
Ideas for Prayer
Father God, as we come before you today:
- We pray for all those A-level students who have received their results this week. Lord, they have challenges unlike any year group before them with the affect that the pandemic has had upon them. Some have not got the results they were hoping for and we know that there are many concerns over the way the final grades have been arrived at. We pray for those students mental health and we pray that they would have a good future in front of them and that these times would not hold them back for long.
- We look with hopeful eyes upon the recent peace deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates. May this deal truly bring about better times for the Holy Land and the middle east as a whole.
- We pray for those affected by the weather at this time. Many have been suffering due to the recent heatwave, while other areas of the country are suffering from flashfloods. Lord, please protect those in danger and bring resources to those involved in helping all those who are affected by both extremes of weather.
- We pray for those in our congregation who are unwell at this time. We pray for strength and healing for them, and that all those close to them would have a special awareness of your presence with them at this time.
- We pray for our congregation as we prepare to restart our services in the Church hall on September 6th. Help us in our preparations, we pray, and also to stay safe when the time comes.
- We pray for businesses such as soft play areas, which are now able to re-open. Lord, we pray for stability in this volatile time, so that businesses and individuals can plan their way back to a firmer financial place.
- Lord, we offer theses prayers and those in the silence of our hearts before you today. In Jesus Name, we pray. Amen.
Thank you to our pianist, Gill, for providing the reflective song, below. Gill writes,
Worthy, worthy is our God, of Glory, honour and of Power.
Reading and Sermon
As you live the Christian life, may the joy of the Lord be your strength. May you find and embrace your life in Him, and be confident that he rejoices over you and all his people with singing. The blessing of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, be with you now and remain with you always. Amen.