16 Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great:
He appeared in the flesh,
was vindicated by the Spirit,
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.
1 Timothy 3:16 NIV
Ideas for prayer
- For the children and staff who will be going back to school next month.
- For all those who continue to battle the virus. Both those with it and those caring for them.
- That the number of cases of coronavirus in the UK and worldwide will continue to fall over the coming weeks.
- That God will give Churches and their leaders wisdom and patience as they look towards restarting from July onward (this will have to be a careful and gradual process before things are truly back to normal).
- Pastors who have had the start of their new ministries disrupted by the crisis. That they will be able to settle in with their new congregations as soon as possible.
- A prayer of thanks for the little things which make life more pleasant for you. The sound of the birds, the sunshine, friends and family.
- A prayer of thanks to God who is not distant from his world, but provides for it and cares for it.
- A prayer of thanks that Jesus has ascended and is now seated at the right hand side of his Heavenly Father in glory!
Thank you for this reflective song, which our pianist, Gill, recorded some time ago. Please use it as an opportunity to sit in the Lord’s presence as you lift your prayers to him this morning.
You are worthy
Reading and Sermon
The Blessing (1 Timothy 1:17 NIV)
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.