my hope comes from him.
6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honour depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, you people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Ideas for Prayer
Father God, as we come before you today:
- We continue to pray for schools. For pupils, teachers and all staff, as they prepare to return in the week ahead. Where people are anxious, may they be put at ease by the measures that are in place and sense that everyone is working together.
- We pray for America amid further racial tensions. We pray for justice and for a better path ahead.
- We pray for those who are working on the coronavirus vacine and for those involved in trials. Protect them we pray and give them wisdom as they work together for the benefit of the world.
- We pray for countries in the grip of the pandemic. For countries that lack resources and for countries experiencing new spikes.
- We thank you that through the hard work of those in the NHS and other sectors, the number of deaths from the virus has greatly reduced. May this trend continue and may those who are currectly infected be well again soon.
- Lord, we pray for wisdom for our Government and for all those involved in making the big decisions.
- We pray for our Church congregation and others as we prepare to meet together physically once again. May your hand of protection be upon all your people at this time.
Father. we lift these prayers and others that may be on our hearts to you. In Jesus name. Amen.
Thank you to our pianist, Gill, for providing the reflective song, below. Wonderful to see everyone together again! Gill writes,
Reading and Sermon
The end of a sermon series, but the beginning of a new haircut! Finally after 5 and a half months my lockdown locks are gone!
The Blessing (Ephesians 3:20-21 NIV)
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.