I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.
Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.”
Joel 2:28-29 NIV
As part of the opening worship songs, I’m starting to include one song each week that we enjoy singing in our worship as a family. This week it is, “City On A Hill,” by Nick and Becky Drake from worshipforeveryone.com.
Ideas for prayer
- For the presence of the Holy Spirit in believers hearts to empower them for service and witness as we begin to have more contact with people over the coming months.
- For all those whose places of work will be reopening soon, after it was announced that non-essential shops are to open from June 15th.
- That people will continue to follow social distancing rules and other rules for as long as is necessary.
- For those working on a vacine and that a workable and effective one will be found as soon as possible.
- For the relationships that some of us are building with our neighbours. We live in a fast paced and mobile world where these relationships are not often nurtured.
- That as Christians around the world celebrate Pentecost Sunday, they may have a special touch from his Spirit, particularly those who suffer from persecution in their nations.
- A prayer of thanks to God who has come to dwell in our hearts by his Spirit, staying true to his promise to never leave us or forsake us.
Thank you to our pianist, Gill, for sharing this song this morning. She originally wrote it for the wedding of some friends. She has given some of the background to the song below, to help us as we reflect.
You are my love
Reading and Sermon
The Blessing (1 Corinthians 13:14 NIV)
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.